Creating Certificates iOS
The purpose of this section is to demonstrate the steps that you will need to follow in order to generate a proper push certificate allowed by UXCam.
Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority
Open the Keychain Access App on your macOS system. It may be located in Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
Select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.
- Enter the required information and choose Saved to disk. You should leave the CA email field blank. Click Continue and Save the certificate request using the suggested name.
Configuring your App ID in Apple Developer Portal
- Sign into the Apple Developer Portal and open Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in the Account tab. There, click Add.
- Choose the type of certificate you need:
Under Services, select Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) and click Continue.
The certificate will be applicable to both Sandbox and Production environments, so you do not need a separate key for each one.
- Select the App ID of your project on the next page. Then, click Continue.
- Upload your Certificate Signing Request
- Click Choose File.., select the CertSigningRequest file you saved in Step 2, click Open, and then click Continue.
- Download the certificate and add it to the Keychain Access. Once you click on the certificate, Keychain Access will be launched.
Exporting your Private Key
In Keychain Access, right-click the certificate you just added and choose Export "Apple Push Services.....
Give the file a unique name using the .p12 extension, and click Save. You will have an option to protect the file with a password. If you add a password, you need to enter this same password on UXCam.
Uploading the certificate to your dashboard
- Go back to the UXCam dashboard and open the Settings page
- Navigate to the Push notification config tab and then choose iOS setup
- Click on Select a setup type to select the desired setup type
- Enter the Bundle Identifier of your app
- Click on 'Click to upload' to upload the push certificate (.p12)
- If the certificate has a password check the checkbox shown here and enter the password
- Click on Submit & You are all set!
Updated 5 months ago