The purpose of this section is to demonstrate the steps that you will need to follow in order to generate a proper push certificate allowed by UXCam.
Open the Keychain Access App on your macOS system. It may be located in Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
Select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.
- Enter the required information and choose Saved to disk. You should leave the CA email field blank. Click Continue and Save the certificate request using the suggested name.
- Sign into the Apple Developer Portal and open Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in the Account tab. There, click Add.
- Choose the type of certificate you need:
Under Services, select Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) and click Continue.
The certificate will be applicable to both Sandbox and Production environments, so you do not need a separate key for each one.
- Select the App ID of your project on the next page. Then, click Continue.
- Upload your Certificate Signing Request
- Click Choose File.., select the CertSigningRequest file you saved in Step 2, click Open, and then click Continue.
- Download the certificate and add it to the Keychain Access. Once you click on the certificate, Keychain Access will be launched.
In Keychain Access, right-click the certificate you just added and choose Export "Apple Push Services.....
Give the file a unique name using the .p12 extension, and click Save. You will have an option to protect the file with a password. If you add a password, you need to enter this same password on UXCam.
- Go back to the UXCam dashboard and open the Settings page
- Navigate to the Push notification config tab and then choose iOS setup
- Click on Select a setup type to select the desired setup type
- Enter the Bundle Identifier of your app
- Click on 'Click to upload' to upload the push certificate (.p12)
- If the certificate has a password check the checkbox shown here and enter the password
- Click on Submit & You are all set!
Updated 9 months ago